Oats is considered one of the healthiest grain on planet Earth. They are not just gluten free but also a great source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
But how many of us would actually want to do this is a big question. Whenever some of us think of oatmeal, we only think of it from a porridge point of view, right?
But that’s not true. Oatmeal can be prepared in interesting ways so that you don’t have to fret before making it a part of your daily meal.
Here is my version of a simple Oats Upma recipe that I extremely tasty, will fill you up for hours and also brings with it loads of health benefits.
1 cup rolled oats
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1/2 cup green peas
1 medium potato, chopped
5-6 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 dry red chili
1 small tomato, chopped
1/2 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and dry chilli.
- Once the mustard seeds splutter, add the onions and fry for about a minute.
- Fry the potato peas in this for another minute.
- Once done, add the salt and cumin powder and mix well.
- Throw in the chopped tomatoes.
- Cover and cook this till potatoes are done.
- Add the rolled oats to this mix and fry for about a minute.
- Mix half a cup of water to this and stir till the oats are fully cooked.
- Serve hot with curd or tomato ketchup.