Life can be stressful sometimes. Struggle is real for everyone and we all have our own ways of dealing with it. For me, it’s food. With so much happening around us and advertisements always luring us into delicious stuff around us, we also need to be careful about the eating choices we make. Indulging in comfort food can be the biggest stressbuster for many. But it needs to be moderated from a health perspective.
The good news is that healthy can also be tasty! And can also be achieved at reasonable costs if done well. A lot of us are also increasingly realizing the benefits of healthy and clean eating habits, coupled with some sort of work out. At Slurrp, we constantly try to amalgamate ideas with cooking that benefits you. Here is a recipe from our library that is power-packed nutrients and also delicious! A healthy oats recipe with less oil, blended with vegetables and subtle spices and a beautiful snack. Here’s what you’ll need.
1 tbsp refined oil
1 onion, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger-garlic paste
1/2 cup chopped capsicum
1/2 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup rolled oats
2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp cumin powder
Salt to taste
- In a pan, heat oil. Fry the chopped onions in it for about two minutes.
- Add the fresh ginger-garlic paste to the onions and fry till the rawness disappears.
- Next, add the chopped vegetables to this mixture – capsicum, carrot, and spinach.
- Fry the vegetables in the onions till done.
- Add oats to this and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and let it cool.
- Once cool, add 2 mashed potatoes to the oat mixture.
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Knead this with some water and make tikkis out of it.
- In a non-stick pan, add 1 tbsp of refined oil. Once hot, fry these tikkis on both sides till done.
- Enjoy hot with green chutney.
Slurrp tip – This healthy oats recipe is a great snack for a tea party with friends and family. Enjoy health and taste on the same plate!
If you want more such easy and heavenly recipes, you can follow us on the following social media links – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Don’t forget to tell us how you feel about our recipes and share the love!