I have never been a salad person but whenever I am even remotely close to dieting, I love to order Chicken Caesar Salad at a few of my favourite restaurants. If done well, this salad tastes exquisite and keeps guilt of extra calorie intake at bay. One salad that I can eat even without being on a diet, obviously by being too generous on the mayo dressing 😉
Jokes apart, I had made my own version of a Chicken Caesar Salad for a few friends over for lunch and everyone just loved it! The croutons were freshly made and the extra hint of garlic did the trick for us. Here is the recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
THE CLASSIC INGREDIENTS
10 garlic pods, finely chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp mustard
Bread slices (for the croutons)
1 tsp lime juice
1 bowl of fresh lettuce
Salt to taste
2 tsp pepper
For the croutons:
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan and add chopped garlic. Fry until brown.
- Add the sliced bread and fry this until croutons are crisp. Set it aside.
For the chicken:
- Layer the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and fry the chicken breast till cooked from both sides.
- Once cool, cut it into shreds to add it to the salad later.
For the salad dressing:
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In another salad bowl, add fresh lettuce leaves. Add the dressing to the leaves, little at a time. Make sure it is not too greasy.
- Now add the shredded pieces of the fried chicken to this.
- Next, add the croutons.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.
Do let us know if this Chicken Caesar Salad helped you smile. For more such delightful food, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Slurrp it up fellas!