Summer is officially here and so are these delicious, juicy watermelons. Celebrating this super fruit in all its glory, here’s a refreshing drink you can make with this fruit. A super simple, sweet and savoury drink put together in no time with a handful of ingredients – this dreamy Watermelon Lemonade will not just energise and rejuvenate you, but also serve you some nostalgia, in a chilled glass on a hot summer afternoon.
Ingredients in This Watermelon Lemonade
The handful of ingredients going into this recipe are not just extremely refreshing and hydrating, but also packed with health benefits. Let’s take a look at the key ingredients of the Watermelon Lemonade:
As the name suggests, watermelon is the hero of this recipe and contributes to the sweetness of the same. It is a summertime fruit, which is super delicious and refreshing and has a ton of health benefits. Being 92% water, watermelon is super hydrating which makes it a perfect base for drinks and snacks.
Lemon provides its nice sour flavour, balancing the sweetness of watermelons in this drink. They provide 90% more water content as well as electrolytes, therefore keeping you well hydrated under the searing sun. It also helps in detoxifying your body and has several other health benefits.
Mint, black salt and ginger powder are the only spices used in this recipe, which have their own set of health benefits such as detoxifying the body, aiding in weight loss and digestion and many more.
Here’s the recipe:
Prep time – 10 minutes
Juicing up time – 10 minutes
- 1 medium sized watermelon
- Juice of 2 small limes
- 1 tsp black salt
- Fresh mint leaves – slightly crushed
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- Ice cubes
- Cut the watermelon into quarters; remove the seeds and separate pulp from the green skin.
- Dice the pulp and throw in a blender.
- Blend into a smooth puree and strain the juice in a bowl.
- Transfer the strained juice in a jar.
- Add in the lemon juice.
- Also Add in the spices- black salt, crushed mint leaves and ginger powder; and ice cubes
- Give it a good mix and Voila!
- Serve it with more ice and garnish with some lemon slices and whole mint leaves and enjoy!
This delicious and rejuvenating Watermelon Lemonade makes a perfect drink for hot summer afternoons, beach parties and much more.