Are you a mushroom lover? If yes, this recipe is for you. I mean what can seriously go wrong with butter, garlic and mushroom, right? These heavenly ingredients make for an easy, fuss-free and drop dead delicious butter garlic mushroom recipe that is packed with so much flavour. This recipe is different from my viral creamy butter garlic mushrooms recipe as it involves a few Asian ingredients. These butter garlic mushrooms scream comfort, and are juicy and infused with punchy flavours.
The best thing that I like about this recipe (apart from the amazing flavour profile of course) is how easy it is. Such a simple recipe and such great flavours equals the kind of food we do in this blog. Each bite into the mushrooms will ooze out so much flavour. And the best part about cooking button mushrooms in their whole form is that it soaks up the juices and spices of the base really well. The result is a delicious sauce that penetrates every bit of that mushroom, making the entire eating experience a divine one.
Here’s a look at the recipe.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
Serves – 3
- 20 ml vegetable oil (any neutral oil like Sunflower/Canola etc.)
- 15 g butter
- 100 g finely chopped onions
- 80 g chopped spring onions
- 200 g whole button mushrooms, cleaned thoroughly and pat dried
- 15 g finely chopped garlic
- 3 g freshly crushed black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 80 ml hot water
- 15 ml Schezwan sauce
- 8 g butter (for later)
- Chopped spring onion greens, for garnish
- Heat a wok. Once it’s hot, add the oil and let it heat up well.
- Add the butter along with the onions and spring onions and stir for a few seconds on medium to high heat. Add the butter after the oil to prevent it from burning.
- Once the onions are brown and translucent, add the whole button mushrooms. Mix everything well together. Cook this on medium to high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mix it with the rest of the ingredients. Let it cook till the raw aroma of the garlic fades completely (should take about a minute).
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Pour the hot water and mix everything together to prevent it from sticking to the pan or burning.
- Add the Schezwan sauce and butter and give it a last mix till all is well combined and you have a thick sauce for the mushrooms.
- Turn off the flame once the mushrooms cook completely.
- Garnish with spring onion greens. Serve hot with noodles or fried rice.
I hope you try this delicious butter garlic mushrooms recipe soon.
If you have any doubts, comments, or feedback, please reach out to me in comments or my social media handles.
Find me on Instagram – www.instagram.com/slurrpilicious
Join me on Facebook – www.facebook.com/slurrpilicious
Watch me on Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA-cJoo27OLSCswI4sy6lzA?