Spanish omelette, I feel, is one of the best ways to satisfy one’s love for eggs. And it is just a perfect breakfast recipe that is filling and healthy at the same time. There are different variants of this classic Spanish dish and you can have your own rendition as well. The simplest one mostly consists of potatoes only. I have added some vegetables as well for a twist. Here is the recipe for you to try out to welcome the winter.
2 potatoes, diced
1 onion, diced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped capsicum
1/4 cup boiled sweet corn pellets
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot, add the onions and fry for about a minute.
- Add the potatoes and cook this till potatoes are soft.
- In a glass bowl, break four eggs.
- Add the fried potatoes to the eggs.
- Now add the capsicum, sweet corn and tomatoes to this.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything gently with a spoon without mashing the potatoes.
- Let this rest for about 10 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and pour in the omelette mixture.
- Cook one side of the omelette for two to three minutes.
- Now put a plate on top of the pan and invert the omelette. Put the uncooked side onto the pan and cook the other side for another two to three minutes.
- Serve hot.
Simple, wasn’t it? Try making a Spanish omelette for yourself or your loved ones for an amazing breakfast.
For more such delightful food, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Slurrp it up fellas!