This week’s recipe is a delicious breakfast or brunch option – a creamy mushroom omelette. Super simple, minimal and easy to pull off, but so gourmet! This is the kind of meal that will keep you full and satiated for hours! The omelette is super simple and the creamy mushroom filling is to die for! So if you are looking to jazz up a boring day with an easy, exquisite and pretty looking brunch, this is the recipe you need.
There are two main steps to this recipe. The first is to make the filling of the omelette which is where we prepare the delicious and creamy mix of mushrooms with garlic, butter, cream, salt and pepper. It’s a very basic but solid preparation! Once the mushrooms are ready, we set them aside and move on to the omelette. And the final step is merging the two together.
Let’s take a look at the ingredients and procedure to make this delicious recipe – Creamy Mushroom Omelette.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 20 minutes
Serves – 2 people
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1/2 cup hot water/vegetable stock/chicken stock
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- 2 tbsp oil (for the omelette)
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet. Add the onions and stir them for about a minute.
- Add the garlic and stir for 3-4 minutes till the onions turn translucent and a beautiful brown on the sides.
- Slice the button mushrooms. Add them to the skillet and let them sit for 3-4 minutes. This trick helps the mushrooms to brown beautifully.
- Stir the mushrooms well on medium heat for 4-5 minutes till they cook.
- Season with black pepper powder and salt only once the mushrooms are cooked. Adding salt before cooking the mushrooms will make them release all the water way in advance and make them soggy.
- Pour the cream on top and mix well on low heat. Add some water or stock to help make the creamy mushroom sauce slightly thick and glazy. Do not over cook. Set aside.
- Break four eggs into a bowl. Season with salt and some black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Heat oil or butter in a tawa or pan. Distribute the oil evenly across the pan. Pour the beaten eggs on top and distribute it. Keep the flame at medium.
- Once the egg starts to cook and holds shape, add the creamy mushroom mix in the middle and spread it out on one side of the omelette.
- Wrap the omelette from the other side (as shown in the video above).
- Gently transfer the omelette onto a plate without breaking it.
- Garnish with fresh coriander/herb of your choice. Enjoy!
Every bite of this creamy mushroom omelette will instantly comfort you! I hope you try out this recipe soon.If you do, let me know how it turned out for you.