What if I tell you can whip up your favorite chicken fried rice in a pan?
If you love chicken fried rice, this is possible. All you need are a few basic ingredients and you are good to go! I love this version for a quick dinner meal as this chicken recipe has all things beautiful. Just throw in a few vegetables you love for color and crunch, add the chicken, toss up some rice and in no time you have a delicious chicken fried rice.
Here’s a look at the ingredients and procedure.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cook time – 30 minutes
Serves – 2 people
- 1 cup boiled rice (should be cold)
- 100 gms shredded boneless chicken pieces
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 cup bell peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom, thickly chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Fry the onion for about a minute.
- Add the shredded boneless chicken pieces and fry this till the chicken is cooked (It won’t take more than 10 minutes as the chicken is already thinly sliced).
- Now add the carrots and the bell peppers.
- Fry this for a minute, followed by the mushrooms.
- Mix and fry all the veggies. Make sure the mushrooms are cooked.
- Time to add the seasoning – salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cold boiled rice to this and mix well. Add the sauces – sweet chili and soy.
- All this needs to be tossed well in the pan, and once done, it’s ready to be served!
It’s as simple as that. This is going to be your go-to meal from now on, I promise!