Winters for me are all about hearty warm breakfasts. The weekend breakfasts are extra special because you can just snuggle inside that warm blanket and enjoy a hot meal. And what better ingredient than eggs?
This Italian mushroom frittata recipe is a blessing for those who want to whip something up quickly. It is surprisingly tasty for the amount of effort that goes into making it, which is quite honestly not much. I have made an Italian version with some basic Italian ingredients. I hope you try it.
Here’s the recipe:
2 tbsp olive oil
5-6 garlic pods, crushed
200 g button mushrooms, each cut in half
20g chopped spring onion leaves
20 g chopped Italian basil leaves
1 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes
100 gm grated Parmesan cheese
Sale to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the crushed garlic and fry for about 10 seconds.
- Add the button mushrooms to this and fry for about a minute.
- About a minute later, add chopped spring onion leaves and chopped Italian basil leaves to the mushroom. Stir well.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano and chilli flakes. Set aside. Make sure you do not over cook the mushroom and the crunch remains.
- In another bowl, break six eggs.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper and whisk till mixed well.
- Take a baking tray and add the mushroom mix to it. Spread it evenly across the baking tray.
- Pour the egg mix evenly over the mushroom mix on the baking tray.
- Garnish with some cheese all over the tray.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees. Bake this for about 20 minutes.
- Once done, garnish with fresh Italian basil leaves,
- Serve hot!