Chocolate brownies are love. The fudgier, the better. Right?
If you also are a lover of fudgy chocolate brownies like me, I am going to give you my secret recipe which has taken years to form. Because making the best, fudgy chocolate brownie might not be as simple as it may seem.
I have tried many versions over the years and this particular recipe is the one that I have come to swear by. And trust me, it is simple once you have the recipe with you. Anyone can make it!
This fudgy chocolate brownie is perfect, with a gorgeous crackle on top and a gooey center. Each bite is rich and dense and will transport you into dessert heaven. That’s my promise.
This recipe is made in two fundamental steps, for which you will need two glass bowls. The first step uses a double boiler to melt the butter and the chocolate. The second step is to mix the dry and wet ingredients to form the batter. The brownie batter is a mixture of the two steps.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Bake time – 30-40 minutes
Quantity – 5-6 pieces
- Semi-sweet dark chocolate, 200 g
- Butter, 110g
- Granulated white sugar, 120 g
- Brown sugar, 50 g
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 medium eggs
- All-purpose flour, 180 g
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, 80g
- Grease a baking tray with oil or butter and line it with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides.
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees celcius/392 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take some water in a saucepan and heat it. Once the water starts to simmer, place a glass bowl on top of it in a way that it does not touch the water. Keep the flame at low.
- Cut the semi-sweet dark chocolate into small pieces and add them to the glass bowl on top of the saucepan. We call such an arrangement a double boiler.
- To the same bowl, add the butter, instant espresso powder (optional). Mix it and let it melt completely. The instant espresso powder will elevate the taste of the chocolate without adding any coffee flavor. If you want, you can skip adding the espresso powder.
- Keep the flame at low at all times. Once done, take out the glass bowl and allow the chocolate and butter mixture to cool.
- In another glass bowl, mix the white sugar and the brown sugar. I have used very small white and brown sugar. I like the texture of it in the final brownie. You can crush your sugar if you want.
- To the sugar, add one egg at a time and mix till it becomes creamy and acquires a pale yellow color.
- Pour some vanilla essence to the creamy sugar and egg mixture. Mix well with a spatula or a whisk.
- Now pour the cooled down chocolate and butter mix into this bowl. Make sure it’s completely cooled down otherwise the eggs can get scrambled.
- Mix the chocolate, butter and egg mixture very gently with a spatula till it turns dense and dark.
- Sieve the all purpose flour and cocoa powder through into chocolate and egg mixture. Fold gently with a spatula till it all comes together. Do this slowly, but make sure not to overmix.
- Pour the brownie batter over the prepared baking tray and spread it evenly with the spatula.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes till you see a brownish golden crackle on top.
- Let it cool for at least 30 minutes before you cut the fudgy chocolate brownie into pieces.
- Enjoy your fudgy chocolate brownie with some ice cream and chocolate sauce drizzled on top. Or grab one just like that!
I hope you try this really delicious and fudgy chocolate brownie for yourself and enjoy it as much as I do. Do not forget to share your chocolate walnut brownie picture and link it to #slurrpitup. You can also add walnuts if you like 🙂